Prep + Cooking time: 35 to 40 mins
- Hakka Noodles – 1 packet – 150g
- Spring Onions – 1 bunch – chopped cross-length
- Bell Peppers – of any color you like – 1 cup – finely chopped
- Carrots – 1/2 cup – finely chopped
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup – shredded
- Soy sauce – 2 tsps
- Red Chilli sauce – 1 tsps
- Tomato Ketchup – 2 tsps
- Salt – 2 tsps
1. In a pot, boil water with a pinch of salt and about 2 tsps of oil.
2. Once, the water is hot enough, drop in the hakka noodles and boil for about 2 minutes or as the package says. Do not boil the noodles beyond the suggested time. They will become very soggy. Remove from stove, drain all the water and set aside.
3. Take a wok or a wide pan; Heat about 3 tsps of oil. Add chopped spring onions, bell peppers (used red and green here), carrots and shredded cabbage to the wok.
4. Saute for about 4 to 5 mins. Add about 1 tsp of salt and further saute for a minute or two until the vegetables are soft.
5. Now, add the noodles to the wok and toss around to blend in the veggies.
6. Add soya sauce, red chilli sauce and tomato ketchup to the noodles and toss it around for a minute.
7. Serve hot. This colorful dish is sure to please the eyes as well as the palate of your family.
Note: You can add vegetables of your choice. And add additional amounts of sauces if you like it to be spicier.