- Aloo/Potatoes – 5 or 6 medium sized – Coconut powder – 3 tsp
- Carrots – 3 – Turmeric powder – 1n1/2 tsp
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup – Red Chill powder – 2 tsp
- Onions – 1n1/2 medium sized – Coriander powder – 3/4 tsp
- Green Chillies – 4 - Salt – 2 tsp (or) as desired
- Tomatoes – 1 – Coriander
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp – Lime Juice – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cloves – 4 or 5
1. Take a wide skillet, heat about 3 tsps of oil. Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds and cloves and when they begin to splutter add the finely chopped onions and green chillies. Saute for a few minutes until the onions are translucent.
2. Meanwhile, peel the skin off the potatoes and carrots and cut the potatoes into 1-inch cubes and carrots into 1-inch lengths. I usually take the potatoes and carrots in a bowl, add some water, a pinch of salt, turmeric and microwave for about 5 mins just so that it doesn’t take too much time after adding to the skillet. (You can as well skip this step).
3. Once the onions are done, add turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder, coconut powder and salt. Mix well and saute for about 3-4 mins.
4. Add finely diced tomatoes to the skillet and cook until the tomatoes are nice and tender.
5. Now, add the potatoes and carrots to the skillet. Cover and cook for about 12 mins.
6. Add green peas and some coriander now and cook further for about 5 more mins.
7. Finally, just add a tsp of lime juice and its done!
Serve with some pulav or naan and your family or guests will simply love it!